CHICAGO / FULL-TIME
Our team is curious, ambitious, and dedicated to their crafts. We’re high trust with a strong bias for action. If you’re looking for a place to do your life’s work, get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
Job Title: Resident Services Coordinator
Type: Resident Services / Field Operations
Pay: $20/hour with benefits and performance bonus
Working hours: 9AM to 6PM Monday-Saturday (Chicago time)
We are looking for a skilled Handyman to perform various maintenance and repair tasks at our Section 8 properties in South Side Chicago. The Resident Services Coordinator will be responsible for addressing tenant maintenance requests, conducting routine inspections, and ensuring that properties are in compliance with Section 8 regulations. This role is essential to maintaining our properties’ integrity and tenant satisfaction.
- Visit tenants to cross-check the work completed by the vendors; take pictures and confirm the work being performed.
- Perform property and tenant wellness checks.
- Collect pending rent (this may require visiting early mornings, later in the evenings, weekends, etc)
- Serve notices to the tenants.
- Get the documents signed by the tenants.
- Provide exceptional customer service when interacting with tenants, property owners, and other stakeholders.
- Perform basic handy tasks – plumbing, painting, other household maintenance work (change bulbs, fix stuck windows, unclog toilet/drains/toilets/tubs, etc.)
- Perform pest extermination at the properties as and when required including for mold and mushroom treatment.
- Collaborate with the property management team to plan and execute maintenance schedules and improvements.
- Stay updated on industry trends and best practices to enhance skills and contribute to the company’s success.
- Perform all other tasks assigned by manager or team
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proven experience as a handyman or in a related maintenance role, preferably within a property management context.
- Strong knowledge of plumbing, electrical systems, carpentry, masonry, and general repair techniques
- Proficiency in using hand and power tools
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities
- Time management skills to prioritize tasks and meet property management goals.
- Physical fitness to perform tasks that may involve lifting, bending, and standing for extended periods.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Any relevant certifications or licenses (e.g., electrical, plumbing) are advantageous.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work for a growing company
- Chance to make a difference in the lives of others
- Own a reliable car
- Valid driver license
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, and general maintenance
We understand that there’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. Above all else, we’re looking for people who are passionate and determined, and who are excited to face the challenges of a rapidly growing startup. Kettle & Oak is a place where you can grow exponentially, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don’t 100% match the exact candidate description.
About Kettle & Oak
Kettle & Oak is a new type of property management company. Our mission is to help landlords better manage their properties and tenants.
We’re serving hundreds of landlords and investors around the world and growing quickly. We take a lot of pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love.
We’re a distributed team working from around the world – Chicago, Toronto, Karachi, Lahore, and many more.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO phone calls, WhatsApp messages, emails, etc. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.